Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sorry I am traveling

Hello patient people I am finally back from a small part of my adventures. So far I made it out of Melbourne and into Hong Kong and on to Helsinki.
So yes I am safely in Finland and I guess all is well. I am in the middle of having some issues with a train pass which is not a nice thing to have happen to me but oh well I guess stuff happens.
So far I have been chilling out in my friends home town of Nummela just drinking pepsis and laughing at things and people including me.
I also made the Mammoth trek into the Lappland and Kuusamo.
I spent a day in the cutest little cabin in Kuusamo where all the trees were totally covered in snow and the sauna was running pretty hot and people really did jump into a frozen lake after the sauna but not me.
After spending a bit of time in Kuusamo I headed off by my self to the Arctic Circle to a tourist town call Rovaniemi. It is all tourist stuff there and the home of one Santa Klaus.
I was treated to a typical Finnish Christmas dinner which included the consumption of Reindeer meat which is pretty funny followed by a trip to the local cemetery to lay some candles down in memory of the people who have passed.
Sadly I didnt have my camera there because it was so pretty seeing hundreds of candles lying in the snow on a cold dark night.
So now I am back down in Helsinki waiting for the out come of this stupid train pass.
So until I come here again enjoy a few pics.
Next stop should be Tromsø Norway.

Enjoy

Dave

No comments: